Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things are just swimmingly...

It was kind of a bummer of a day. You know the kind, you have a million plans for a million things but then it's noon and you're still in your pj's, the house is a mess and you now don't feel like doing ANYTHING...but that feels depressing to. Sigh. What to do? Corey had a great idea that we could go swimming. Yeah! Now there is a difference between swimming and Swimming. I had dreams of doing both. Playing with Azure in the shallow end (swimming) and putting on my cap and goggles and doing laps (Swimming). I get my swim suit on (no easy task since it is a Speedo one peice. Those things are so tight) and get the beeb's swimsuit on (an even harder task, her's is tight and she's really squirmy!) and pack the diaper bag and get in the car. Finally we are at the pool and even a bit of luck, on the way in I found a dollar! One third of my swimming fee. I was feeling pretty good. But it wasn't to last.

"You're here for the swimming pool?"

Does he think I wear this get up if I were doing anything else? "Ummm, yeas."

"Well, sorry but the pool has been closed. We had an accident this morning but it will re-open Monday."

Well, that's kind of rude of someone to have an accident when I wanted to swim. I do hope they were alright though.

So, Since I couldn't swim I decided to start a new blog. And I'm a dollar richer.

4 comments:

  1. How sad for you! The pool being closed and after all that hard work. However, How HAPPY for me! I am so glad you started a new blog. It is perfect timing because I just made a resolution AGAIN to actually comment on my blog buddies' posts. Love your blog. The colors are so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel slightly responsible for the pool incident because I've been hoping and praying and making all sorts of deals with anybody who could it make it happen to have you get back to blogging. Sorry about all the hard work but like you said - at least you got a dollar for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bear is the cutest thing I know. She needs to write more often :) It's fun to read about our lives from her perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to come down in Febuary for Azure's birthday. Big Yellow Inn here we come!

    Dad/grand pa/Forrest

    ReplyDelete